Finished my Grey Knights for Tim’s Shadow War: Armageddon campaign this weekend:
Not that I’m much of a New Year’s resolutions kind of guy, but here’s the plan of what I want to work on in 2017, ordered according to how I feel at the moment*:
- WWII British paratrooper reinforced platoon (made a good start on this already – pics to come)
- Necromunda figs to finish up a gang I inherited from Tim B.
- Blood Bowl (I have a painted human team that just needs basing, so I’ll get that finished and then work on the orcs from the new box to make a match-up)
- Miscellaneous sci-fi figs for Rogue Stars
- Frostgrave terrain board (and maybe a new warband)
- Warhammer 40K – not sure what yet; either expand the Space Wolf marine army already I have, or start Deathwatch or Genestealer Cult
- The Dogs of War GW fantasy figs that I’ve collected over the last few years
- Figs and terrain for the Assassin’s Creed homebrew skirmish game I’ve been planning (and some of the Dogs of War GW figs will work with this too, since they’re pseudo-Renaissance)
- WWII vehicles (I have a few tanks, armoured cars, and jeeps)
- Miscellaneous ancients for Song of Shadows and Dust and Broken Legions
- The Judge Dredd block terrain I started a few years back (in retrospect, if I’d waited a year, I would have just bought a bunch of laser-cut MDF instead of building it all from scratch using foamcore)
*highly likely to change; several of these are started projects already, at various stages of completion, but I do have a tendency to get distracted by sparkly shiny things.
Decisions, decisions… What to work on next?
Now that I have the Frostgrave warband done, time to tie up some loose ends on projects already started and planned:
- WWII British Paratroops (a platoon plus support – started, but a way to go yet [including the <shudder> camo smocks])
- Few odds and ends for Blood Bowl
- Mordheim Sisters of Sigmar (about 80% done – just need to do the metallics and basing)
- Fill-in figs for a Necromunda group (3-4 figs to round out an Cawdor group that I inherited from Tim B.)
On top of that, I did start putting together a funky little warband for Songs of Blades and Heroes using mostly OOP/LE Games Workshop Warriors of Chaos personalities, when it looked like that was what Tim was going to run for his weekend tourney:
There are some real chestnuts in that group (not all pictured). I have all the LE Games Day WoC figs, including the sorcerer, plus Harry the Hammer (thanks, Dave!) and a few other specials.
And… that new GW Deathwatch/Genestealer Cult Overkill box should be arriving on my doorstep later today.
Oh, and the Conan kickstarter could be here anytime.
Working on a few odds and ends, including finally basing my blood bowl figs, while I’m out at the lake this week.
A blast from the past…
I made the trek out to Saskatoon in February, 2014, to play in Tim Brown’s annual birthday wargaming tournament. The game was “Ronin” from Osprey Publishing.
I’d had a few packs of 28mm Wargames Foundry Samurai (formerly the Citadel “Oriental Heroes” range) kicking around for a year or two. Even though they aren’t historically accurate by any stretch, I liked the chunky cartoony style of the sculpts.
Started working on them (about 30-35 figures) in early December (including one lonely Dixon Miniatures ronin), along with a few PlastCraft terrain pieces. I also grabbed some scale cherry blossom trees from a dollhouse supplier on eBay and mounted them on 4Ground bases.
I had a great weekend, met some terrific folks, and got in a solid amount of gaming.
I’m planning on making the trek out to Saskatoon in February this year, as well. Looking forward to it!