Finished my Grey Knights for Tim’s Shadow War: Armageddon campaign this weekend:
One of the cannon barrels got damaged (on the sprue), so I had to rebuild it with a bit of sprue and some green stuff.
Probably won’t be able to enter anything in the Wpg War Council’s monthly painting challenge in Jan/Feb, as I’ll be busy getting these guys finished. As we’ve established, I paint at a speed that can only be measured on geological time scales.
Not really New Year’s resolutions but rather a short-term plan of action. Might happen if I write it down, you know?
- Finish up the Grey Knights kill team for the upcoming SW:A weekend game in February
- One or more of the Shadespire warbands I got for xmas
- Warhammer 40K – probably a small Primaris marine army
- Units from the Dogs of War GW fantasy figs that I’ve collected over the last few years*
- WWII British paratrooper reinforced platoon (there is progress, but it keeps getting back-burnered)*
Stuff marked with a “*” is from last year’s list, so take this where it comes from.
My entry for the Winnipeg War Council December painting challenge
…and a case of killing two birds with one stone, as this is a test model for the Grey Knights I’m planning on taking to Tim’s in February for his wargaming weekend.
Did some work on the Shadow War: Armageddon Grey Knights kill team I’m taking for Tim’s February wargaming weekend. Even though they only need 3-5 figs for a team, I’m painting up enough to be able to WYSIWYG for upgrades and such…
Used my new compressor for the first time. Lovely.
As an aside, this was also the first time I used the Citadel Air line of airbrush paints. Impressed so far.
Finished the first unit of the GW 5th Ed. Dogs of War army I’ve been collecting over the last few years, for the 40BG Monthly Painting Challenge (deadlines are the only way I can get anything done).
Next up: Kill team for Tim’s February Shadow War: Armageddon weekend in Saskatoon. Have to figure out what I’m going to run, first. Probably Grey Knights or Genestealer Cult.
Not that I’m much of a New Year’s resolutions kind of guy, but here’s the plan of what I want to work on in 2017, ordered according to how I feel at the moment*:
- WWII British paratrooper reinforced platoon (made a good start on this already – pics to come)
- Necromunda figs to finish up a gang I inherited from Tim B.
- Blood Bowl (I have a painted human team that just needs basing, so I’ll get that finished and then work on the orcs from the new box to make a match-up)
- Miscellaneous sci-fi figs for Rogue Stars
- Frostgrave terrain board (and maybe a new warband)
- Warhammer 40K – not sure what yet; either expand the Space Wolf marine army already I have, or start Deathwatch or Genestealer Cult
- The Dogs of War GW fantasy figs that I’ve collected over the last few years
- Figs and terrain for the Assassin’s Creed homebrew skirmish game I’ve been planning (and some of the Dogs of War GW figs will work with this too, since they’re pseudo-Renaissance)
- WWII vehicles (I have a few tanks, armoured cars, and jeeps)
- Miscellaneous ancients for Song of Shadows and Dust and Broken Legions
- The Judge Dredd block terrain I started a few years back (in retrospect, if I’d waited a year, I would have just bought a bunch of laser-cut MDF instead of building it all from scratch using foamcore)
*highly likely to change; several of these are started projects already, at various stages of completion, but I do have a tendency to get distracted by sparkly shiny things.