Finished my Grey Knights for Tim’s Shadow War: Armageddon campaign this weekend:
Did some work on the Shadow War: Armageddon Grey Knights kill team I’m taking for Tim’s February wargaming weekend. Even though they only need 3-5 figs for a team, I’m painting up enough to be able to WYSIWYG for upgrades and such…
Used my new compressor for the first time. Lovely.
As an aside, this was also the first time I used the Citadel Air line of airbrush paints. Impressed so far.
Not that I’m much of a New Year’s resolutions kind of guy, but here’s the plan of what I want to work on in 2017, ordered according to how I feel at the moment*:
- WWII British paratrooper reinforced platoon (made a good start on this already – pics to come)
- Necromunda figs to finish up a gang I inherited from Tim B.
- Blood Bowl (I have a painted human team that just needs basing, so I’ll get that finished and then work on the orcs from the new box to make a match-up)
- Miscellaneous sci-fi figs for Rogue Stars
- Frostgrave terrain board (and maybe a new warband)
- Warhammer 40K – not sure what yet; either expand the Space Wolf marine army already I have, or start Deathwatch or Genestealer Cult
- The Dogs of War GW fantasy figs that I’ve collected over the last few years
- Figs and terrain for the Assassin’s Creed homebrew skirmish game I’ve been planning (and some of the Dogs of War GW figs will work with this too, since they’re pseudo-Renaissance)
- WWII vehicles (I have a few tanks, armoured cars, and jeeps)
- Miscellaneous ancients for Song of Shadows and Dust and Broken Legions
- The Judge Dredd block terrain I started a few years back (in retrospect, if I’d waited a year, I would have just bought a bunch of laser-cut MDF instead of building it all from scratch using foamcore)
*highly likely to change; several of these are started projects already, at various stages of completion, but I do have a tendency to get distracted by sparkly shiny things.
Just wanted to share Tim’s post about his WWI terrain build. Truly impressive and inspiring. Way to go, Tim!
From Dave G.’s “Warpegs” forum:
A war party has gained followers in Letharac and has set out into the Ardovikian Plain with a sizeable force. Perhaps this is the start of a new kingdom, but for now a good nights sleep after a long march is in order. Having found a suitable place to set up camp for the night, the party sets in for a solid nights rest. Sadly, the rest tonight is interrupted as the alarm is raised when the moon is still high overhead, something is moving through the treeline and will be upon you shortly!
I was defending the building in the middle of the table… Chris was attacking from two opposite sides.
The goal was to reduce the opposing player’s side to 50% of their force…
Unpainted figs – yeah, I know…
A friend (& co-worker) saw my recent post about the Land Rover conversion I did, and turned up today with several vehicles from his collection for me. Fantastic!