Any of my spare time for the last two or three months has been spent preparing to write the “Certified Professional Technical Communicator” exam (which I wrote and passed [yay!] at the STC Summit conference a couple of weeks ago), so I haven’t been painting or working on anything hobby-related in a while.
Back to it, though. Planning on finishing up some WWII para’s before moving on to a Grey Knights kill team and terrain for Shadow War: Armageddon (aka GW’s latest version of “Necromunda”).
A big thank you to my friend Tim, who noticed that I’d made a post or two on Facebook looking for this, found one, and sent it to me.
I’d been looking for this figure for ages, and I’m genuinely touched by Tim’s thoughtfulness and generosity. Thank you!
I watched this video a couple of days ago:
and this is coming up:
So I guess I’ll haul a bunch of stuff out to flog.
Not that I’m much of a New Year’s resolutions kind of guy, but here’s the plan of what I want to work on in 2017, ordered according to how I feel at the moment*:
- WWII British paratrooper reinforced platoon (made a good start on this already – pics to come)
- Necromunda figs to finish up a gang I inherited from Tim B.
- Blood Bowl (I have a painted human team that just needs basing, so I’ll get that finished and then work on the orcs from the new box to make a match-up)
- Miscellaneous sci-fi figs for Rogue Stars
- Frostgrave terrain board (and maybe a new warband)
- Warhammer 40K – not sure what yet; either expand the Space Wolf marine army already I have, or start Deathwatch or Genestealer Cult
- The Dogs of War GW fantasy figs that I’ve collected over the last few years
- Figs and terrain for the Assassin’s Creed homebrew skirmish game I’ve been planning (and some of the Dogs of War GW figs will work with this too, since they’re pseudo-Renaissance)
- WWII vehicles (I have a few tanks, armoured cars, and jeeps)
- Miscellaneous ancients for Song of Shadows and Dust and Broken Legions
- The Judge Dredd block terrain I started a few years back (in retrospect, if I’d waited a year, I would have just bought a bunch of laser-cut MDF instead of building it all from scratch using foamcore)
*highly likely to change; several of these are started projects already, at various stages of completion, but I do have a tendency to get distracted by sparkly shiny things.
I know you shouldn’t buy anything before christmas, but there were some good deals to be had. I’ve had parcels from Amazon, North Star, and Meeplemart turn up this week, including these two rulebooks:
Very keen on the the idea of Rogue Stars – will be digging through lead mountain to find a few good characterful sci-fi figs.
Merry christmas, all!
Finally arrived yesterday… 19lbs of Conan boardgame (including about 200 miniatures).
Just wanted to share Tim’s post about his WWI terrain build. Truly impressive and inspiring. Way to go, Tim!