I have zero sculpting skills, but I’m capable of basic conversions (head swaps, etc.), so I’m looking for suggestions for existing figures to stand-in for characters from the His Dark Materials books (Golden Compass-Northern Lights/Subtle Knife/Amber Spyglass).
What I’ve found so far/need help with:
- Misc. Daemons – Reaper familiars, for the most part.
- Lyra Belacqua – Haven’t found a good option here. Maybe the girl from the Reaper pack below, but would prefer one in a dress/northern clothes. Lyra’s a bit too old (12-13) for me to use the girl from the Hasslefree 3 kids pack, which was my first inclination.
- Lyra’s daemon: Reaper “weasel/ferret” painted as snow ermine.
- Will Parry – Either of the boys from: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/townsfolk/latest/50042
- Lord Asriel – ?
- Asriel’s daemon: The snow leopard from https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/leopard/sku-down/60020 is great for Lord Asriel’s daemon.
- Iorek Byrnison – The Willy BB Warbear: http://willy-miniatures.blogspot.ca/2013/11/warbear-1695.html
- Mrs. Coulter – ?
- Mrs. Coulter’s daemon – a medium sized monkey…
- Dr. Mary Malone – ?
- John Faa – Any suggestions for the gypsy king? The Westwind ones are too “gothic” (although their caravan wagon is terrific)…
Farder Coram – Older gypsy – ?
Ma Costa – another gypsy – ?
- Serafina Pekkala – This is pretty good: https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/witch/sku-down/60149 I’ll also need to find a good grey goose daemon.
- Lee Scoresby – Was thinking of one of the many Foundry cowboys I’ve got, maybe with some goggles (since he’s an aeronaut from Texas). Any other ideas?
- Scoresby’s daemon – a snow hare…
- John Parry – Maybe a Foundry DA explorer?